About the 2014 Strategic Link Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate with a tuition-free ticket to the Emerging Leaders Training Program. Strategic Link creates value at all levels of the Northwest credit union ecosystem, and is committed to helping credit unions develop their talent.
Nominations are open through January 14, 2014 for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position.
- Nominations: December 10th, 2013 – January 14th, 2014
Nominations are open for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. You can nominate a co-worker, employee, boss, or peer from within the credit union space, or nominate yourself! We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
Nominees are encouraged to produce a short YouTube video where they introduce themselves, tell what they do at their credit union, and why they should be selected as a finalist of this contest.
Please note that if you are nominated by your peers, we will contact you to give you the opportunity to accept the nomination and create a video application if you so choose. Only those who accept their nomination will move onto the next round.
- Three Finalists Selected: January 20th, 2014
A panel of judges will evaluate and score each nomination based on their submission, video if applicable, reason for wanting to attend the Emerging Leaders Program, as well as the benefit of the program for the applicant’s career and credit union. The results will be scored, and then the three applicants with the highest scores will move to the public voting stage. The three finalists will be interviewed by our judges, and move on to public voting.
- Voting for the Top 3: Janury 20th, 2014 – January 31st, 2014
Voting will be open to credit union professionals as well as family and friends. Applicants are encouraged to rally their co-workers, peers, friends, and family to vote for them. Only one vote per email address will be allowed.
- Winner Announced: February 3rd, 2014
The Northwest Credit Union Association will review all of the votes and then tally the winner combining both the public voting and judging panel scores.
The winner of the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest will be called upon to:
- Attend the Emerging Leaders Training Program. Tuition will be paid, but the winner will need to secure their own lodging and transportation. The Emerging Leaders Training Program will be held in SeaTac, Washington.
- Work with the NWCUA’s Anthem Editor to contribute five articles (one per week of class + two others before or after the course begins) to be used at the Association’s discretion.
- Provide “live tweeting” during each week of class, contributing at least 2 twitter messages per week of class.
- Follow-up with us by 12/15/14 to share how their experience with the Emerging Leaders Training Program has affected their career and their credit union.
- Act as an ambassador of the program, sharing their insights and experience with their credit union professional peers.
2014 Strategic Link Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest Official Rules
- By participating in the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest, all contestant-nominees agree to be bound by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which will be final.
The Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest is sponsored by Strategic Link, Inc., headquartered at 18000 International Blvd. Suite 350 SeaTac, WA 98188.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- Participants in the contest may enter by completing a nomination form, or by having a nomination form completed on their behalf, between the dates of December 10, 2013 and January 14, 2014. All nominations must be received by the Association by midnight on January 14, 2014. On January 20th, three finalists will be chosen and posted to the Association’s web site for public voting. The final winner will be the candidate with the highest total score, with 50% coming from the judging score, and 50% from the public voting. All voting will take place online. Only one vote per email address will be accepted in the contest. The final winner will be announced on February 3, 2014.
- The winner of the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest must be eligible to participate. Eligibility includes the following criteria:
- Nominee-contestants must work for a credit union affiliated with the Northwest Credit Union Association,
- Nominee-contestants must be available, and have permission from their CEO, to attend each of the three sessions scheduled for the 2014 Emerging Leaders Training Program,
- Nominee-contestants must be able to secure their own lodging and transportation to the 2014 Emerging Leaders Training Program,
- The contest winner agrees to work with the NWCUA’s communications editor to contribute five articles (one per week of class + two others before or after the course begins) to our Anthem Newsletter as well as two Twitter messages per week about the program to be used at Northwest Credit Union Association’s discretion.
- Nominee-contestants must be willing to share insights derived from the program with their peers.
- Videos submitted as part of the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest:
- Must not contain any content that violates any third party’s intellectual property or other rights, and
- must not contain offensive language, as determined solely by the Association.
- The winner of the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest will receive a complimentary registration to the Association’s 2014 Emerging Leaders Training Program valued at $2,650. Cash will not be awarded instead of enrollment, and the award is non-transferrable.
- Odds of winning the contest depend upon the number of entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email. If the winner fails to respond within seven days, the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be chosen from the candidates with the next highest number of votes in the contest. The winner need not be present to win.
- All persons nominating themselves, accepting a nomination for the contest or providing YouTube videos, agree to allow the Association to use their name to publicize the outcome of the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest and the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
- The award winner may be responsible for applicable state or federal taxes on the value of the contest prize.
- Participants in the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest agree to hold the Northwest Credit Union Association, DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute, Strategic Link, Inc. and their affiliates and subsidiaries harmless from and against any claims and liability arising out of the Strategic Link 2014 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest.