May 5, 2011
Over the course of the next month, Anthem will delve deeper into the new Awards program, which was recently announced by NWCUA’s Awards Committee. This first article will spotlight the Summit Awards for credit union professionals.
The Summit Awards for Professionals is an awards program that recognizes leaders who advance the Northwest credit union movement through leadership, dedication to the credit union philosophy, and innovation.
Administered jointly by the Oregon and Washington Credit Union Foundations, the three award categories are: Mark of Excellence, Credit Union Professional of the Year, and Young Credit Union Professional of the Year.
These prestigious awards will be presented at the foundations’ joint awards dinner in conjunction with the Annual Convention in Tacoma, Wash., on September 22.
Nominations are due to the foundations by June 15, 2011. Please consider self nominating or nominating someone you know.
Mark of Excellence
The Mark of Excellence Award recognizes a credit union professional for significant contributions to the credit union movement over a sustained period of 25 years or more. This category is open to all credit union professionals. The candidate should meet the following qualifications, which should be documented with specific activities and accomplishments:
- Demonstrated outstanding accomplishments as a credit union leader for 25 years or more;
- Participation in community, civic, church, and/or charitable activities in a leadership role;
- Dedicated time and effort in participation in credit union education/career development programs to achieve a higher level of knowledge and expertise about credit unions;
- Contributed in an exemplary manner to enrich the lives of credit union members or fellow citizens in the community; and
- Demonstrated leadership in promoting credit union philosophy and uniqueness through specific activities for members or the community.
Credit Union Professional of the Year
The Credit Union Professional of the Year Award recognizes excellence within the Northwest credit union system. This category is open to credit union professionals whose outstanding accomplishments should have been achieved during the past three years. The candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- The development of innovative, successful credit union policies, practices, operations, and services to members within his/her own institution;
- The achievement of a major accomplishment within the credit union or the credit union industry that has had a positive impact on the organization and membership.
- Currently employed by an affiliated credit union of the Northwest Credit Union Association;
- A credit union professional for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Demonstrated dedication to the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People"; and
- Involved in leadership role in civic, business, charitable, or community activities.
Young Credit Union Professional of the Year
The Young Credit Union Professional of the Year Award is designed to engage, promote, and recognize the next generation of credit union professionals in the Northwest credit union movement. This award, created for credit union leaders age 35 and under, aims to foster commitment to the development of credit unions in the years ahead. The candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Be 35 years of age or under at the time of the application;
- Provide service to the credit union community outside the usual scope of employment or volunteer activity at a credit union;
- Demonstrate expertise and dedication to serving as a strong advocate for credit unions;
- Possess the willingness to go above and beyond their job description, demonstrating leadership, and as a result attaining individual achievement; and
- Provide service to their credit union, civic community through volunteerism, or charitable works.
Questions? Contact Foundation Development Associate Josalyn Alston: 206.340.4814, email@example.com.