Summit Awards Program - Volunteer
The Summit Awards Program – Volunteer recognizes the outstanding service and accomplishments representing the extraordinary time and effort as a credit union volunteer. The accomplishments need not be achieved solely during the year of the award, but may include a cumulative time span. Individuals are nominated and individually interviewed as part of the nomination process. Self nomination is also encouraged, and welcomed. These awards are both administered and presented on behalf of the Northwest Credit Union Foundation, and are awarded at the Summit Awards Dinner Event held during the NWCUA Annual Convention.
The call for entries will be issued in the summer of 2014.
Credit Union Volunteer of the Year Award
The Credit Union Volunteer of the Year Award is the highest honor that can be presented to a credit union volunteer in the Northwest region. The candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Has served as a volunteer for an affiliated credit union for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Dedicated to the credit union movement by actively promoting its uniqueness as well as the overall credit union philosophy to members and/or the general public;
- A participant in Association, chapter and/or credit union educational programs to achieve a higher degree of knowledge about credit union policies, operations, services, programs and philosophy;
- Active in community, church, civic or similar volunteer activities;
- Demonstrated dedication to the advancement of the movement by serving as board member, or committee chairperson or member, or in other credit union leadership roles.