2013 Winter HR and Trainers' Networking Council
Date: Feb 21, 2013 02:00 AM - 06:00 AM
Location: Federal Way, WAPrice: $149 for year membership, or $49 for a single meeting
About the HR and Trainers' Networking Council
This Council provides a forum for credit union professionals in human resources and training to learn about new techniques, preview other credit union's practices, and share professional presentations in this self-directed forum. The open format of this council serves to encourage and re-charge trainers who are usually dealing with similar challenges and developments within the credit union movement. Trainers from across Oregon and Washington will gather to learn, teach, and pass on tips; Providing resources, information, networking and professional development to best prepare for what’s on the horizon.
NWCUA Staff Liaisons:
NWCUA Staff Liaison
Director of Human Resources & Accounting
Toll Free 800.995.9064 ext. 154
The 2013 HR & Trainers' Networking Council meets:
- February 21 (trainers focus) - Federal Way, WA
- June 4 (HR focus) - Beaverton, OR
- August 13 (HR focus) - Federal Way, WA
- December 12 (trainers focus) - Beaverton, OR
- Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: NWCUA Training Center Federal Way, WA
- Lunch: Provided with registration
- Cost: $149 for Council Membership which includes admission to all four 2013 Council Meetings, directory of respective Council members, a subscription to the Association’s Anthem e-newsletter and unlimited access to respective Council Listserv. Cost for single meeting only: $49
- Substitution Policy: In the event that a member cannot attend one of their council meetings, they have the option of choosing to send another person from their credit union in their place. Substitution fee: $20
Come to the first HR/Trainers Networking Council of 2013 and hear from national experts from the DDJMyers Advancing Leadership Institute, who will share insights and information about leadership presence.
You will learn leadership distinctions you’ll be able to take back to your credit union on:
- What is Leadership?
- Three Pillars of Leadership: Intelligence, Technical Skills in Domain, and Presence
- Presence: How we “show up”, for ourselves and others.
- 5 Domains of Our Self
- “What makes someone credible?”
- 5 components of Trust
- Population’s Assessments of Gen X, Y & Millennial?
- Areas for the Next Generation to Pay Attention
This council session promises to be lively and interactive, with plenty of opportunity to network. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
Please Note: You must specify whether you are registering for a 2013 Council membership, or a single meeting. Full membership entitles you to additional resources, such as a directory of respective Council members, subscription to the Association’s e-newsletter and unlimited access to respective Council Listserv. Registering for a single meeting will subtract $100 from the membership price, for a meeting cost of $49.
This program is open to member and affiliate credit union employees only.