Date: Apr 05, 2012 01:30 AM - 09:00 AM
Location: Tigard, ORPrice: $0
The Account Administration seminar will cover the key aspects of opening, maintaining, and closing deposit accounts. Attendees will learn the characteristics of the types of account ownership, and how to protect the credit union in disputes among owners and other claimants. This training will also discuss the basic rules governing forged and stolen checks and NSFs, and how the key federal regulations apply to deposit account operations. By attending this seminar you will learn how to deal with deceased members, trusts and other common situations in account administration including:
- Account ownership – how to meet member expectations and avoid ownership disputes in personal, business, and other accounts
- CIP requirements
- Share insurance coverage
- Accounts for trusts
- Reg. D transaction limitations
- Deceased members
- Check payment issues – forgeries, kites, check frauds, NSFs, stop payments, and other issues
- Reg. CC – Funds Availability requirements
- Dealing with account disputes
- Garnishments and right of offset
- Substitute checks
Courtyard by Marriott - Tigard
15686 SW Sequoia Parkway
Tigard, OR 97224
|8:30 a.m.||Registration Open|
|9:00 a.m.||Program Begins|
|12:00 p.m.||Lunch (included with registration)|
|4:00 p.m.||Program Concludes|
About the Presenter
Hal Scoggins, Farleigh Wada Witt
Hal is an attorney with the law firm of Farleigh Wada Witt, Portland, Oregon. He has been providing legal advice to credit unions since 1991. His practice focuses on state and federal regulatory compliance, deposit and lending operations, contract and business matters, corporate governance, CUSOs, and all other aspects of financial service delivery. Hal frequently conducts seminars on legal matters for the Credit Union Association of Oregon, Washington Credit Union League, Credit Union National Association councils, and other trade groups. Hal is an active member of the Consumer Financial Services and Credit Union committees of the American Bar Association.
Special Rates and Discounts for Our Members
Northwest Credit Union Association has made arrangements with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental to provide you with a 10% Discount Code for any car rentals in Oregon or Washington.
There are three ways to populate the NWCUA Discount Code L450064 for Enterprise Rent-A-Car:
- Call any location directly
- National reservations at 800-RENT-A-CAR
- Online (this link will automatically populate the NWCUA corporate ID into the reservation) http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=002&cust=L450064
There are two ways to populate a discount code GCAMA045 for National Car Rental:
- Call 1-877-222-9058 and provide the corporate ID number GCAMA045
- Online (this link will automatically populate the corporate ID) https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=resRentalInfo.do&contractId=GCAMA045
Price : $189.00 if registration is paid by Friday, March 9,
$220.00 $110 if paid after Friday, March 9.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Registration fees are non-refundable after the early registration date. Substitutions will only be accepted prior to notifying NWCUA no later than the early registration deadline.
For More Information:
Contact Training & Development Department at 800.995.9064 ext. 109 or e-mail your questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.