Preparing Your Credit Union’s Health Care Reform Strategy: Effective January 1, 2013
Date: Feb 28, 2013 04:00 AM - 05:30 AM
Location: OnlinePrice: $200
This webinar was originally presented on 8/30/2012. Archives are available for six months after this date.
The Health Care Reform legislation passed in March 2010 is over two years old. However, many questions still remain and the legislation’s impact on many businesses remains unknown. The recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding this law indicates it would be prudent to plan now in order to be ready for many of the major provisions, which are effective January 1, 2013.
This webinar will provide insights into this massive legislation and the changes since it was originally signed into law in 2010. The legislation impacts each business differently, so it is vital that financial institutions and management understand the key aspects and how they should be approached to ensure both compliance and efficiency for your credit union.
- Analyze provisions that go into effect during 2012 and 2013 to ensure compliance. Among the many new health care reform provisions that take effect, employers will need to be ready to:
- Issue new summaries of benefits and coverage during open enrollment for the 2013 plan year
- For employers that issue more than 250 IRS W-2 Forms, report the value of employer-provided health coverage provided in 2012 beginning in January 2013
- Provide employee notices beginning in 2013 about the new health insurance exchanges that will become available in 2014
- Administer the new statutory health flexible spending account contribution limits and new Medicare taxes on high-income employees beginning in 2013
- Provisions that go into effect beyond 2013, and how planning now can make the compliance process more efficient
- Strategies to use the new health care provisions to your financial institution's advantage
- Potential financial statement impact of legislation, in 2012 and future years
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit HR professionals, your management team, and others who will implement strategies to ensure efficient and effective compliance with these new laws.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Paul A. Sirek, CPA, MBT, Eide Bailly LLP
Paul Sirek is a partner with Eide Bailly LLP in the firm’s Minneapolis office and has more than 15 years’ public accounting experience. He devotes 100% of his professional time serving financial institution clients, with a focus on tax planning, preparation, and consulting. Paul has been a speaker on current financial tax topics for the Bank Holding Company Association and the Minnesota Bar Association, and has been a faculty member at the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
For registration options, click here.